While the receiver has a web interface called "Pioneer Web Control System" I wanted a way to control this receiver via script. The web interface has support for
- Powering the receiver on/off
- Changing the Volume including mute
- Changing the Input (Zones 1-3)
- Changing the "Listening Mode"
The iControlAV uses SSDP query to find the receiver. Which runs NU-OS 1.13. You can Browse to http://<Receiver IP>/BasicDevice.xml to get the info on your device.
My receiver has port 23 (telnet) open along with 80 and 8102 (referenced in BasicDevice.xml)
- Send command as ASCII on telnet (23) or TCP/8102 (see your BasicDevice.xml)
- Commands that check status or query the device begin with a ?
- Commands that perform a command sometimes have parameters (input number) at begining, some at end
- You can monitor the telnet window to see the "response" for each command sent. This includes commands sent through IR remote or from the device its self.
Is Device powered ON?
|PF||Power Device OFF|
|PO||Power Device ON|
|?M|| Is Zone MAIN muted |
|MO||Mute MAIN zone|
|MF||unMute MAIN zone|
|?V||Get Current Volume level |
|XXXVL||Set Volume Level to XXX (000 - 200)|
|001VL||Set Volume Level to -80.0db|
|081VL||Set Volume Level to -40.0db|
|?RGC||Get inputs on device (i think) |
|?RGBxx||Get inputs Name (related to above command), available inputs will change based on model |
|?F||Get current input (use ?RGB to get name) |
|XXFN||Set current input (XX = Input number) |
Turn on device, set input to HDMI1 (19 in my case), and volume to -40db
I was able to find a doc that has all the commands (better than what I was able to determine).